Wednesday 18 January 2012

Inspiration Journal

I have been watching Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday videos and particularly like the fabric journal she uses.  I noticed a download on her website with instructions on how to make your own, so I did.  I used some of my quilting fabric (of which I have a bit!!!!) and some canvas on a roll.  The canvas was quite stiff so was a bit of a challenge to try and turn it right sides through but I persevered and managed to pull it through.  I used three eyelets down the spine to tie in the insert.

For the insert I used 6 sheets of white card cut to 9 x 12in and various tags, decorative papers and envelopes between each piece of white card.  This was bound to the book with ribbon.



I then felt inspired to do a couple of pages in my new inspiration journal.




No comments:

Post a Comment