Thursday 11 July 2013

Jane Davenport Stencils

Whilst I was at the Just Scrapbooking weekend in June I grabbed some of the Jane Davenport "Jane" stencils by Artistcellar as I thought they would be good to go along with my girl stamps and drawing class.  Got to have a play with them on Saturday at Bristol Scrappers after watching one of Jane's videos on how to use them.  I was right, they are good fun and a great way to get a face without the pressures of having to draw it yourself!

I used book text, gelatos and acrylic paints with a flower stencil for the background, inked through the stencil then painted in the hair, I went over the hair with another stencil and acrylic paint, it was so easy to do, you can get the stencils here and try them out.

This is what I came up with, completely inspired by the Jane Davenport video, I love how she draws in the hair.





I'm off to Cornwall soon so will be taking a few of the stencils and crafting supplies just in case in have a wet day!

2 comments:

  1. This page is beautiful, have a good holiday, hope the sunshine continues to shine for you. Ah but then not art time??? Difficult one !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh ... love this lovely lady! Really gorgeous Sue. Have a gr8 holiday. xx

    ReplyDelete