Monday 25 November 2013

Scrapping by the Sea

My sister-in-law said to me the other day "what did we do before sat navs?", well this weekend I found out! The car was packed up on Friday to head off to Linda's Just Scrapbooking Weekend in Bournemouth, I put the sat nav on and waited and waited, no signal could be found.  Now I know where Bournemouth is and how to get there but once there I had a few errands to run and find my friend's house which I have not been to before.  Luckily Mark had given me his ear piece for my phone so I had to call him and use the power of google maps street view to navigate from Poole to Bournemouth and then back again in time to meet up for lunch, thanks to him I made it, just slightly late but had a lovely lunch with Alexa and met her lovely little doggie Reeva and her puss cat Gus.

The moral of this story is obviously to remember the old days and carry a map with you!

The weekend was spent at the Ocean View Hotel in Bournemouth, it was lovely to see some old faces from other weekends and have a catch up and a few giggles along the way!

We had a play with lots of messy stuff, watercolours, acrylics and texture mediums, I managed to complete 7 layouts and 2 finished backgrounds to use.  Here are some photo's of the weekend.



The weekend group
The Saturday ladies

An amazing sunrise on Sunday morning

My finished pages
 

Airbrushed page just for you Linda!
 


  
Extra backgrounds ready to be finished

 


Thanks Linda for another great weekend, look forward to seeing you and my scrapping buddies in 2014.

1 comment:

  1. You put me to shame Sue ... I need to get some photos up too... gong to do a close up on your "Smile" layout, you look amazing .. don't know how you do it !

    ReplyDelete