Thursday 25 July 2013

Girls, Girls, Girls

I have really been enjoying using the Andrea Gomoll stamps and the Jane Davenport stencils to make these girls, this is definitely my new craze! Over the last few days I have been playing around with different looks, I have an oval leaf stencil (which I knew would come in useful one day!) which I thought was a good face shape, on one page I used paint and spray inks the other molding paste, I like the effect of the molding paste best.  I used my Andrea Gomoll stamps for the face, I like how the girls look like they are peeping through the page!

The golden haired girl is using the 'Jane' stencils with the Artistcellar seafoam stencil for the background.

Also had a go at painting over a magazine page, quite like the effect of that too.

Using the oval leaf stencil with paints
Close up

The oval stencil with molding paste, painted over

Close up

Golden hair girl, Jane Davenport stencil

A magazine page

I am watching Jane Davenport's The Whimsical Face DVD learning how to draw the girls freehand and see what personalities come out, so more girls to follow!

2 comments:

  1. Love your new craze!! I think I like the magazine page one best, that's if I had to choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fab Sue! I love the one in bubbles using the stencil and the mag version the best (although they are all really cool!) Looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday for some laughs ... xx

    ReplyDelete