Thursday 23 May 2013

Week 4 of Get Artsy and Sadness

This has been a sad time for us, our lovely old puss cat babies have died, Tabby, the star at the top of my blog died last week, They had lived with us for 13 years and we miss them loads, his sister Tara died in January so at least they are now together.





I also had some spinal surgery on Tuesday so catching up with my online class has taken a bit of a back seat.  I got myself motivated today to get it done and I am really happy with the results.

Week 4 of my Get Artsy class was Fiber Paste, which gives the effect of handmade paper.  Using various stencils I applied the fiber paste to water colour paper.  When it was dry these were cut into small blocks to arrange around the photographs.  The blocks were then coloured with Gelatos, Distress Stains, crayons and inks. I also spread some of the paste over a texture plate to see how that would come out.  I had to be patient and wait for it to dry (something I an not always good at!!) which paid off as it came out really well.  I  then put it through a doily die cut.  It was coloured with Gelatos and India Ink.






Fiber Paste on a texture plate then put through a die cutter.
The Fiber Paste through the stencil
Have to watch week 5 video now!  I think we are onto water colours.

4 comments:

  1. you make me laugh patient no way!!! I bet you picked and prodded??? LOl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think of you whilst I was putting that!!! I had to make myself go away and lock my house up so I couldn't get to it!

      Delete
  2. Love all the different looks you got with one product, great finished lo too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pages Sue - all those textures look fab! Sorry you lost your puddies to old age - but they had the best life with you (aka spoilt rotten)!! xx

    ReplyDelete